What they Said as Jesus Was Dying
From Monday 15th April until Friday 19th April there will be a short service each evening at 7pm, as we approach Easter and the major celebration of the Christian faith. The services will be led by a variety of Claremont folk. The theme for the week is “What They Said As Jesus Was Dying” – a look at some of the comments, both negative and positive, made by onlookers & participants in the crucifixion. On Thursday (18th) the service will include Communion.
- Monday 15th – “If you are the Son of God…” – Matthew 27:39-44
- Tuesday 16th – “This man has done nothing wrong” – Luke 23:39-43
- Wednesday 17th – “What I have written, I have written” – John 19:17-22
- Thursday 18th – “My God, Why have you forsaken me?” – Matthew 27:45-50
- Friday 19th – “Surely this man was the Son of God” – Mark 15:33-39