EK Community Food Bank
Receiving from the Food Bank
EK Community Food Bank is a short-term care initiative that aims to help families who are facing financial difficulty and who do not have enough to buy all the food they require as a family. Food packages are given out freely to families without question or judgement. We now have a number of Churches involved in the Food Bank. Below is a list of the Churches who have drop in sessions where you can collect food parcels. At Claremont, we run Cafe Clare while the Food Bank is open where you can enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, some great food and a chat with one of our volunteers
Collection Points and Times
- Sundays 2.30pm-4.00pm Westwood Baptist Church (2 Tasman Drive)
- Mondays 10.30am-11.30pm East Mains Baptist Church (The Village Centre)
- Mondays 6.15pm-7.15pm Church at Lindsayfield (Greenhills Community Centre)
- Tuesdays 11.00am-12.00noon Claremont Parish Church (High Common Road)
- Wednesdays 11.00am-1.00pm Calderwood Baptist Church (Maxwellton Road)
- Thursdays 11.00am-12noon South Parish Church (Baird Hill, The Murray)
For Crisis or Emergency help or would like more information about the Foodbank please contact Calderwood Baptist Church on 01355 247660 (9am-4pm, Monday-Friday).
Giving to the Food Bank
The Food Bank is primarily stocked by donations from members of Claremont Church and our partners. We are also blessed to receive donations from other individuals and organisations from our community.
If you wish, you can make a donation of non-perishable food items for the Food Bank. You can deliver these to the any of the Churches involved during their drop in sessions or you can hand them in to Claremont during office hours (Mon-Fri, 9am-12:30pm). If you are unable to shop for products/food to donate you can make a financial donation. You can hand any financial donation in to Claremont or any of our partner Churches. Any financial donation will be used to purchase products/food to maintain our stock levels.